Saturday 21 November 2009

Lost in London

Lu:

My first overnight visitor has been Marisa. She came from Berlin last Friday and I picked her up in Victoria Coach Station (despite my cold, temperature and coughing). We arrived at Roehampton at 3 in the morning! It was a nightmare trying to stop the N11, 'cos it was completely FULL.

We spent the Saturday together: we went to Tower Hill with the JCS, we had a good time (I played DDR!! ^_^), but it didn't come to my expectations, I thought there would be more cosplayers (that's why I brought Roxane with me!), but nope. I introduced Marisa to my friends there; Anna and Kurt (Luke seemed daydreaming, so I didn't say anything :S). Kurt was talkative, he was happy 'cos he had asked Sara out, and I am glad now everything had run smoothly for the two of 'em ;-) After a couple of hours or so, we headed to Soho with Adrien (but this story has already been told).



[...] in our way home, Harish texted Marisa: "find ur way to elephant&castle at 11. is dat kool?" Obviously, if it's 9 in the evening we think of 11pm, but for the British that's sth implied in the conversation and they think you've met at 11am the following morning. Therefore... picture my pale face when Harish calls me at 2 in the morning with his cockney-Indian accent I don't understand (damn!), telling that Marisa is lost in Central, that they've had a misunderstanding 'cos he was supposed to meet her at 11 in the morning!! And Marisa without battery in her cell-phone. Great. It took her 8h to come back from Elephant&Castle (which is not the best place to be at night)!!! I was incredibly happy when she entered in my room... =)

Her anecdotes:
In Elephant & Castle
- A man offered her ganya.
- A man asked her if she was sad and why was she sad.
- A boy whistled her.
In Victoria
- She swapped card sims with a Spanish group of people, realizing it was a waste of time 'cos she had my number in her mobile phone, not in her card.
In the N11
- She missed the Hammersmith bus stop.
In the 65
- The bus driver wanted to top up her oyster (she was really low), she talked about him as if he was her guardian angel.
In Roehampton
- There were 3 different bus stops in Roehampton and she got lost and asked an old crazy man for directions. And the man shouted: "My Lord! This lady has been lost in London all night long!!" So, Marisa aware of the situation started to cry a bit... but she found the dorm at 7 am!!

The following days she's stayed at Harish's. She came here in the middle of the week telling me she would leave on Monday (at first, she came only for a weekend LOL). So guess what, I still got her here, I'm writing an essay for photography and she's sleeping ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are we really idiots? Help us