Tuesday 6 October 2009

Cooking

Adri:

We will end up as chefs of something similar...We are doing a lot of stuff related with housework, but for sure the one that has given us the best results has been cooking. At the beginning it was a little bit tough. We started cooking simple things like chicken or rice in the frying pan (a bad idea, but when we found out that the frying pan was quite adherent it was too late. Almost three hours of washing up and fight with the sticking rice was the punishment). The stuff we cokeed turned out to be eatable, though. Below,  an example of how the chicken was like could be seen. It has to be taken into account that this was the first meal we cooked together:



But the days went on and we improved, as always happens in the stories of the self-made people xD. Take the cans: The first time I tried to open one with a can opener it proved impossible. In my defence, I should say that it was the cheapest can opener of ASDA. Lu, with no few difficulties succeced at opening it. But something was pending between me and the cans and the following day that a can needed to be opened I tried. I failed miserably xD. And so happened the third time. But at the forth attemp I made it! And in one single round, doing a perfect circle! Nowadays I'm better at can opening than Lu but she doesn't want me to remind this, so I'll rather keep quiet. The point is that we were improving in cooking and here is another example of that, a healthy dish of scrambled eggs with pepper:


Then, we realized that making every night the meal was harsh, so we decided to join my flatmates so that each day one of us will cooked for the other five. Well, at the beginning we were five, now it's seven xD. The thing is that each os us tried to do its best, spaghetti, fajitas, rice with chicken, fried chicken...even roast dinner! In all fairness I should say that it was delicious. Well everyone did its best except for Ryan and Steven who did precooked pizza in the oven. And last Wednesday our turn arrived and we did paella. It seems logical: the Spanish guys make something from Spain. So we did paella. Well,kind of because we couldn't find coloring and it was white, but everybody liked it! It was a complete success. Was so big the success that, unfortunately, we are going to dissapoint them this week xD. To prove my words, here is the photo of me dealing with the paella:



At that's all for today. In following numbers of this Erasmus magazine we'll tell more about our progress in cooking, if so. Have a good meal tonight! (cause we will).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are we really idiots? Help us