Wednesday 28 October 2009

First date with a Brit

Lu:

First dates ending in Great Britain are quite different from the ones I am used to back in Spain:

Who should ask out who? 
I asked Luke out... well, let's say I said I wanted to see Saw VI and none of my friends could join me *sarcastic quotation marks* and he told me he didn't mind coming with me, and so we went last Sunday to watch it at Odeon (in Kingston). He suggested we could grab something after, what in my book means "we could spend more time together, huh?"

The ouftit:
I am not a very dressy person and I only wear skirts in special occasions, so if I had worn one it would've been quite obvious, so... no skirts. A tight jeans in the waist and baggy from the knee below and a sexy T-shirt instead ;) What about him? He always wear jeans, shirt and a jacket. What surprised me was that instead of the shirt, he had a polo! (a very ugly one, btw) But the one which he wears in special occasions ONLY -I have stalked his FB, alrite, you got me. That was nice :-)

Talk:
I was on edge 'cos I didn't know if we were going to have that c·h·e·m·i·s·t·r·y that enables you to talk about everything and nothing and makes the time just fly. And it happened! It was amazing! We talked during... more than 4h! In fact, when I finished my dinner n I was ready to go home, he asked to order another pint! (that was a sign of fun, wasn't it?).
I only have one problem when I'm with him: he speaks cockney. He is from North East London and it's hard to catch up when he's speaking ù_ú so maybe he has to repeat twice or even three times whatever he had just said :(


Is he playing hard to get or isn't he interested at all?
Well, although we had a really good time together, we talked non-stop, we laughed, we watched the movie, we had dinner together and he walked with me back to uni, nothing happened. Normally, when saying goodbye, the moment is the CRUCIAL moment, but I don't know why, this time it wasn't the right one. In fact, I didn't notice any special signs or anything, so maybe he went with me 'cos he had nothing else to do, just as a friend 'cos he is a generous guy (and then, that's why he invited me to the pint at he pub). An anecdote I feel I have to share with my readers is that at the end of the night, I was a bit disappointed so when saying goodbye, I only held out my hand to him :$ Yes, laugh at me. However, he possibly thought I must be slow or something and the hugged me xD It wasn't too long, too short for me, but it was a hug, anyway =)

I've kind of asked him out again. Need to see if he really wants something or it's gonna be a friend, 'cos I like the guy and if he doesn't like me back, this feeling shouldn't be growing up inside of me.





Blink 182 - First date

2 comments:

  1. Darling, this reminded me of a german class I had two weeks ago. We were talking about love, and how it takes longer in Germany and in England, than in France and Spain. So, maybe you should wait a bit more to decide if he's interested or not :) I think it's a good idea to ask him out again ^^

    And, he speaks cockney? Wow, I think I've not met anyone who speaks it!

    Btw.. you should have written this in Spanish, can you imagine him coming along with this blog? XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jajaja, qué divertido. Lo que ahora nos preguntamos tus millones de lectores pero sólo yo me atrevo a preguntar es... ha habido second date? Cómo os despedisteis?

    ReplyDelete

Are we really idiots? Help us