Friday 18 September 2009

We've arrived in Roehampton!

Adri:
Well, actually we've arrived here yesterday. My parents and two of my friends come with me to the airport to say goodbye to me. It made the farewell very funny. When I get to the airport Lu was there yet with her mother. We we're worried because our baggage was 2 kilos heavier than the maximum, but the Vueling employee didn't mind about it and we went into the plane without further problems. And we knew that the plane travel was going to be safe: It is said that when you go in a plane with a famous person nothing can happen to you because it has never ocurred that a famous person get killed in an aircrash, or in a massive terrorist act so as Farruquito was in the plane, we were safe xD. Lu didn't recognize him at first but when I told her, she realized that it was him, but she didn't seem happier because she hates Farruquito xD.

I was in the front part of the plane, near the window. I was worried because next to me was sit an English couple (well, more or less, because she looked Chinese) and I didn't understand a bit of their conversation. And I'm going to be a translator. That should ashamed me xD. Vueling displayed some videos but it was useless because I ended up sleeping. After that I experienced my first time in a turbulence area! It was not that amazing, but you know, they are turbulences anyway. So we arrived safe to Heathrow and we passed trought the European queue that was pretty fast in comparison with the international queue. 

In Heathrow we met the Roehampton staff that told us to go to a precise metting point. At first we were a few but mre people were coming later. There we proved that Spaniards are a plague. Of the 20 students that were there, 15 come from Spain. Studying English in England is almost impossible xD. But decided as we are to met foreigners, we tried to mix with the people who look less as a Spaniard. We met a Japanese girl, that made Lu and I say "¡ Qué mona!" at the same time xD. And also two Norwegian girls whose names rhyme, Kina and Lina xD.

And logically, we ended up waaay tired. So after a trip of one hour trought Southwest London, we arrived at Roehampton, where we were given bedding packs and a sandwich, and we went to bed in order to be prepared for the long following journey.


Lu:
After having spent one terrible night, the dorm reminds me of Reichel and now I don't have a roommate so it's kinda awkward... I was full of energy again. I had breakfast with Adri (two tiny energy bars and water, sick! meaning cool :p) and then we went right straight to Duchesne, there it was the meeting point to take a tour around the University. An American would say: AWESOME. It's really really really big, incredible, surrounded by forest, squirrels all around (L),... it's magic, it's... well, I have run out of words, it's really amazing, actually.

After the tour, we were given a conference, which Adrián missed, about how to get information about everything if you're lost. The University staff is very helpful with the students, which I admire and like and they seem, so far they are, ready to help you whenever you need it.

We met more Spanish students (how can it be possible???!!! We break in statistics!), and a girl told us to get a SIM card for free in Newman, so there we went! We took the card, in fact, but we haven't put units on it. The company they were advertising was NOMI... a rare one. I still want the T-mobile one :D

Well... until 15pm we had some spare time, we take advantage of it eating, as we were starving xD Some biscuits and an apple was everything we had so... lalalaaaa But we could go to ASDA to buy provisions, thank God -or the Roehampton staff ;) There I had a problem purchasing my hair mousse, didn't know that that "foam" was called mousse xD But there it was my Norwegian friend Kina to help me ^_^

And tomorrow I continue, now, I need to sleep.

NANAIT!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to read about you two, guys! Thou cannot imagine how much I envy you. Now is when the fun starts, though I'm afraid you're gonna spend most of the time with other Spaniards. It's simply unavoidable. Enjoy your time in London, Erasmus friends ^^

    ReplyDelete

Are we really idiots? Help us