Tuesday 1 September 2009

Pre-Erasmus thoughts & other stuff

Lu:

I've talked to Eva again -she's quite sympathetic with me and I'm grateful for that-. This time, she has explained to me that I will need small locks to keep my food safe, that the payment of the dorm I have to give can be done within 20 days of arrival, that there are enough electrical appliances to cook, but forget about the plates, cutlery and all that. And yep, sending a parcel with the things the suicase cannot contain -because of the weight, not of the jeopardy- will be necessary.



Apart from that, I've said good-bye to Reichel, who has been my room-mate and friend the last two years... It's been kind of sad and hard. Cannot imagine the turn of MaJu n' Antoine :(


Anyway, I've talked to my father's bestfriend's daughters -studying a degree in English-. One of them is going on an Erasmus to Manchester and her sister is going to look for a job there. They'll share a flat, that's to say... Adri, we have to plan our trip to MANCHESTER!!! ^o^


And... the rest has nothing to do with the Erasmus:
- I've finished Cidade dos Homens, quite interesting... you can see how difficult is life in the favelas, there in Rio. Not only can we watch armed drug-dealers everywhere, poverty, the contrast with other districts in the city, the difference between the dreams those boys have and ours, racism or bribing,... but also the disposition of the people to help the neighbour, how the relationships work in Brazil, friendship, love, sex,... I've really dug the series and I would  recommend it to everyone interested in other cultures/societies/... Except for the last episode,... well, I'm dying to start subtitling it :D

1 comment:

  1. FRikiiiiiiiiiiiiii series brasileñas!!! yo soy más...gafapasta xD
    También estudio Traducción, aunque en Graná ^^ y ya procuraré veros en Londres si tengo dinero, jejeje

    ReplyDelete

Are we really idiots? Help us